Sunday 15 May 2011

Doxey Marshes - Chiffchaffs & Heron

I recently read up on Doxey Marshes after a visit to Staffordshire Wildlife HQ, and only living in Cannock thought it would be worthwhile taking the short trip to Stafford to check it out.

The day before I had been photographing Gosling in glorious sun, and no sooner had we left the car I saw a Chiffchaff perch next to our poath with insects in her mouth, I assume for her young.

In my haste and excitement I start snapping away only to realise I hadn't even checked my settings or taken a test shot for the current conditions.

Shooting in RAW was a bonus though as I was able to bring back alot of detail to allow a useable image.

Nikon D200, Nikon 300mm F4 AF-D

A further walk into the reserve and we came across a small pool surrounded by smaller ones.  Stood fishing was a Heron that quickly became wary and flew off. I fired a couple of shots off only for him to dissapear behind a large tree.

The only one useable has his right wing chopped off, sadly.

Nikon D200, Nikon 300mm F4 AF-D

No comments:

Post a Comment